It was God’s plan to have a seed of Holy Family congregation in Badiadka soil, to spread the charisma of our foundress, Blessed Mariam Thresia. God Almighty chose Blessed Mariam Thresia to be his humble instrument to found the congregation of the Holy Family in order to build up the families in love and peace.
Blessed Mariam Thresia was born on 26th April 1876, as the daughter of Thoma and Thanda Chiramel Mankudayan in Puthenchira, Thrissur District, Kerala.
Blessed Mariam Thresia considered education as the most important need of the families and tried her best to establish schools in the villages and towns where the congregation had a presence.Through the holiness and humility of our founder, the congregration flourished and divided into twelve provinces. Today, we have 213 convents, 10 colleges, 110 schools, 11 integrated family development forums, 6 home for the aged, 4 schools for the differently abled, 3 hospitals and one family Apostolate training and research institute.
The Sisters of the Holy Family Marian Province decided to start an english medium school with CBSE syllabus for the benefit of the children residing in and around the present school premises. The convent was inaugurated on 3rd June 2006 and the construction of the school building was started in Badiadka, Kasargod district, on 24th June 2007. The new school building was blessed by Mar George Valiamattom, Archbishop of Thalassery on 22nd January 2008 and classes were started for the children.
The school had an initial strength of 30 students in LKG, UKG and first standard. The sombre and calm ambience, surrounded by lush green trees and clean air far from the vehicular traffic makes it an ideal place for school. The school is a two storeyed building where all the class rooms are situated. It has a well equipped science lab, computer lab, an audio visual room and library. The school building is surrounded by three playgrounds used for sports activities. The school is divided into kinder garten, pre primary, primary and secondary.